WBCSA STAFF AND ADVISORY BOARD
Lora has over 20 years experience within the financial sector, has counseled and assisted many with loan and credit needs and has also served as a trainer for the WBCSA, including components of the Money Smart program. She has the highest level of certification for Management training, Business Development School I & II and is a Certified CU Credit Counselor. She has spent the last 5 years networking and creating relationships within our service area in South Alabama, focusing on business development.
Lora’s experience also includes many years of being the Chief Executive Officer and President for a South Mississippi credit union in which she managed all aspects as one would with a small business. Further certifications and training include principals of Accounting & Finance and she has her educational background in Business Management and Marketing from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.
Lora’s son, Noah, is a Senior at St Paul’s Episcopal School where he plays football and baseball, so many evenings and weekends are spent with friends and family cheering for his team. She is an avid photographer of sports and outdoors and enjoys painting and playing the piano. She also has a daughter and son-in-law and three grandbabies that she visits with regularly. Lora and her family have been Mobile residents for the past 14 years. They are members of Praise Family Church in West Mobile.
Ms. Spencer holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of South Alabama. She has an extensive background in training, marketing and management, having spent over ten years developing curriculum through the National Big Brothers Big Sisters program for adults, teens and children. In addition to mentoring and training experience, she values community service, having served several times with the Americorps Corporation for National Community Service.
WBCSA Advisory Board
Our advisors represent a diverse background of experience, and contribute to the success of our economic development programs.
Advisory Board Members include:
- K. Amanda Herndon Barton, Esq., Holston Vaughan LLC Lawyers
- Danette Richards, Director, Small Business Development Department, Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce
- Kerri Gregory, Owner, Diversified Health Care
- Caresse Fincher, Managing Director/Financial Representative, Strategic Wealth Specialists
- Emily Haggard, Training & Resource Specialist, Alabama Lifespan Respite Resource Network
- Bridgette Luper, Marketing Executive, Bayside Insurance
- Amy Janke, Mortgage Manager
- Deb Spear, Business Development, Community Bank
- Christina Thompson, Instructor, College of Nursing, University of South Alabama