The Women’s Business Center of South Alabama (WBCSA) helps women-owned businesses start and grow.
We empower women by offering tools and support to establish businesses, stabilize their companies, generate sustainable profits, strategize for future growth and contribute to the growth and economic development of the community.
Our small business experts offer:
- Customized, one-on-one business counseling.
- Seminars and classes focused on key business topics, such as marketing, finance, certification and small business resources.
- Review and feedback on written business plans.
- Loan package preparation assistance and lender referrals.
- Certification assistance and review.
- Networking opportunities to find mutual support, access to resources and business referrals.
What Clients' Say...
Women's Business Center assisted us in preparing a budget and writing a business plan, as well as offering us an invaluable advice on the types of small business loans that are available. Danette eased the very difficult task of transitioning our business from start-up to running.
– Robert Holbert II and Ashley Toland, Lagniappe Magazine
The Women's Business Center has been a great networking outlet for my business; I have met many great individuals and clients have been referred to my business. I have also received assistance with obtaining a small business loan several years ago when needed. The staff has also helped me with my social networking, and taught me how to save hours upon hours updating my Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin accounts. They are a great group to be affiliated with and I recommend anyone with a small business to seek out their assistance.
– Gina Germany, Touching Hearts Senior Care
I wanted to let you know that this year is one of the best years we have had. 1.2 million in sales... We have doubled and tripled... from when we got the loan. The Women's Business Center helped us when we needed it. I can never thank you enough for having faith in us.
– Margaret C. Hubbard, Precision Tool & Grinding, Inc.
Our Mentors become business coaches and are matched to entrepreneurs receiving services to encourage and guide business owners through challenges to help meet their specific business goals. Advice from our mentors can help entrepreneurs avoid common pitfalls.
Want to become a Mentor? Click Here!
Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.