The Women's Business Alliance's purpose is to provide the small business community a network of other small businesses to build and share information for positive growth.
The mission of the Women's Business Alliance is the economic empowerment of women by assisting them to start and grow successful small businesses.
Embracing the Past, Celebrating the Future
The Women's Business Alliance reaches out to small business owners and entrepreneurs in Mobile, being THE point of contact for those business owners in the lower south Alabama region. Assistance and training in business planning and development, marketing assistance and lending preparation is offered. Networking opportunities area available for both seasoned and startup businesses. The city will benefit from the development of the only small business directory in a seven county area, the state will benefit through the combined voice of small business as they advocate, and the nation will see small businesses leading in our competitive global world.
- The Women's Business Ownership Act of 1988 authorized the women's business center program on a national level.
- Founded in 1993, the Women's Business Assistance Center (WBAC) located in Mobile, made Alabama one of the earliest states to have one of these centers.
- The WBAC has been contracted continuously with the U.S. Small Business Administration's Office of Women's Business Ownership from May 1993 to the present.
- Incorporated in 1997 in Alabama as a not for profit corporation and approved in 1998 by the IRS as a 501(c) (3) not for profit organization.
- Renamed the Women's Business Center, Inc. (WBC, Inc.) in 2002
- Founder and Executive Director retires 2012
- Office relocated to 413 F Azalea Rd., after 19 years at Mobile Business Incubator Center
- Women’s Business Center, Inc. renamed Women’s Business Alliance, logos updated (2014)